Sunday, January 20, 2013

Afternoon tea at Bloomsbury's

After looking through a few of my past posts on this blog I think I have an obsession with cupcakes. I went to Bloomsbury's in Dubai Mall for afternoon tea at the weekend. It was divine!

The service was excellent too. I was with two other people and the waiter suggested that we shouldn't get 3 afternoon teas each as it was a lot of food so we should just order 2. This was really kind of them. My two friends ordered coffees instead of tea which were double the price of the tea but they did not charge them extra for it either.


Afternoon tea costs only 55aed and includes:
Freshly Baked Scones
Freshly Cut Sandwiches
Valrohna Chocolate Brownies
Mini Meringues
Homemade Cupcakes
Freshly Baked Blondies
Freshly Baked Financiers
Accompanied with clotted cream and strawberry jam

All yummy but even the three of us could not finish it all so we had to take most of it home!

I ordered Bombay chai this time which had a nice spicy flavour and unlike any tea I have tasted. They gave me a sand timer to let me know when the tea was ready. I thought this was a nice touch!

The tiramisu cupcake was ordered again...always a winner! I ordered the strawberries and cream which was delicious! Tasted like a strawberry tart from Sayers but better!

My friend ordered this indulgent chocolate cupcake that shimmered with gold!

I have decided that if I am good this week I can treat myself at the weekend to another cupcake...perhaps I will try another place or I may just end up in Bloomsbury's!

No comments:

Post a Comment