Sunday, February 17, 2013

5:2 Diet

Every Thursday night I say 'it's the weekend I can spoil myself and eat whatever I like. I've worked hard all week I deserve a treat or two!' By Saturday I hate myself for all the junk I've eaten for example two family sized packets of Quavers...in a row! So after stuffing myself yesterday I decided once and for all that IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE! I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!!

I stumbled upon this new diet in The National newspaper, the 5:2 diet where you eat normally for 5 days and then fast for 2 days. I have decided that I am going to follow this with a bit of light exercise. I haven't really read much about the diet but I think I get the jist of it and will try it out.

So today was the first day- I've eaten a healthy breakfast and lunch and I'm about to make some carrot soup for dinner. I went swimming after work for 30 minutes and I'm planning to go for a 30 minute walk after dinner...quite tired so not sure if this will happen!

Tomorrow I will fast all day and break it in the evening with something healthy and filling- maybe some Quinoa. I don't know if I will stick to it. I don't really need to lose any weight I just need to be healthier.

Thursday will be a difficult day as in work Thursday is also referred to as the Big M day a.k.a McDonald's day! However Thursday I am planning to fast and enjoy myself in the evening- Inshallah I stick to it.
Let's do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment