Monday, February 11, 2013

Gong Xi Fa Cai

When I lived in the U.K there was a large Chinese community in my city. Each year my Chinese friends would give me some really tasty pink Chinese sweets in red and gold foil. This year I ventured out to the Chinese Pavillion at Global Village to find these pink sweets but unfortunately I did not find any. :(
I did see some really good Chinese acrobats and bought a fluffy Chinese blanket.

I had a pretty good Chinese New Year (even though I DON'T celebrate it). I use any occasion for an excuse to eat out- especially Chinese food!

I visited one of my favourite Chinese restaurants- Ping Pong Dim Sum in Dubai Mall. They had loads of special new dishes for the new year. Also Monday is Ladies Night so mocktails are free and unlimited!
 Here is what I ordered:
Spicy Vegetable Steamed Dim Sum
Crispy Prawn Balls
Duck Spring Rolls with Hoi Sin Sauce
Potato Cakes
Asian Fries
I love Ping Pong but they did not have the pink sweets either! If anyone can find me Chinese New Year pink sweets then I will be eternally grateful!
Gong Xi Fa Cai

1 comment:

  1. Shrimp Dim Sum are my favs. But the custard cakes are the BEST.

    Bit late but, Xiannian Kuaile! :)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete