Monday, November 26, 2012

Frustration!!!

I am having the worst week of my life!!! As I have mentioned in a previous post my car has been scratched so is at the garage being repaired.
I thought it would take a day to fix it but apparently I will only get it back on Thursday. I tried to argue on the phone with the car man but in the end he had enough of me and said,
'Do you want it fixed or not?'
To which I replied 'Yes' very quietly.

So I have been getting taxis to and from work, which is costing a lot! Today I had a massive argument with the taxi driver as he would not listen to me!!! I was so frustrated. I have been really calm for a long time but today I just blew up.
I told him the exact directions but he kept going a different way. In the end he took the wrong exit on Emirates road and I went mad! I told him to stop the taxi and that I was not paying for him to tour around Dubai! I told him to stop the taxi at the side and I would get out. He refused then turned the taxi meter off so I did not have to pay the full amount.
He then had to turn around to go back to were I lived at which point he took me via a 'shortcut' which it was not! I told him specifically which way to go and he said 'No no you will see!'
At this point I shouted
'THIS IS MY COUNTRY! I'VE BEEN DRIVING THIS WAY HOME FOR 4 YEARS!'
Both sentences were lies, but I was right...it took me double the time to get home.

I am now really angry that I became angry whilst I was going through a state of calmness and peace.
I am a little happy that I did not have to pay the full taxi fare.
I am really dreading having to take taxis for the rest of the week.
I have never loved my car so much in my life!!!! Alhamdullilah!

On a positive note yesterday I got henna done...for National Day...oh no...I just remembered I was annoyed and argued with the henna lady as the two hands were not the same. OK so maybe I should chill out a bit more. Maybe the walk through the secret gardens did not work...



No comments:

Post a Comment