Monday, November 5, 2012

Me time!

Today was a hectic day. One of those days were people get into your personal space. Dubai is also busy! Where do all these people come from? I have found some places where I can spend some time forgetting about everything and just relax on my own.

My balcony

I can just sit on the balcony all day. It is so quiet. I can vaguely hear children playing but other than that it is very serene. Peaceful.
Sometimes I have a bit of an addiction to shopping; for example last week I was desperately searching for a long dark purple skirt which I eventually found in New Look ;) Anyway on the balcony tonight I decided that I now need a sun lounger (not that I ever sunbathe obv) and a BBQ grill thing (not that I know how to BBQ). So now my weekend will be spent searching for these things, which after a couple of weeks I will probably forget about. No! Not the sun lounger. I need the sun lounger and will use it every day. I also wore my dark purple skirt today.

Swimming pool

I usually go swimming in a ladies pool in the park. It can sometimes be busy but it's still quiet. When I am swimming I am only concentrating on my strokes so it is very relaxing. At the pool you can hear the birds cooing, which is actually quite calming.

Watching a movie

I have recently subscribed to the DU TV package and it has a million movies on demand! I can just sit and watch film after film on a boring day. It completely zones me out and takes me to another world.I can't watch scary films because then I have to sleep with the light on...such a big mistake to watch 'The woman in black' the other day!

Have you read that children's book 'Peace at last'? It's about a bear who spends all night looking for a comfortable place to sleep.

Then there are other times when I love being with people. I love just chatting with my friends and spending time with my family. I enjoy meeting new people and finding out what new adventures I can get up to.

 Now if only there was a swimming pool on my balcony! Maybe I should buy one?!

No comments:

Post a Comment