Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pondering under the stars

After a hard day at work I am now relaxing on my balcony with a cup of tea and internet.
I can usually see one bright star but tonight there are none. Several airplanes are flying above. I can hear the children playing in the play area. I can see the lights on in other homes. I am safe here. I am loved.

 It makes me think about all the other people in the world. What if my home was burnt down like the Ronghiya Muslims? What if hurricane Sandy had blown my life away? What if I was trapped in a war-torn country? What if every time I heard an airplane I was terrified it would destroy my home? What if the streets were silent because everyone was hiding in their homes?

I am thankful for what I have. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment