Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A trip around the world- Global Village Dubai

Global Village has opened its gates again!
I have been to Global Village a few times in the past, however I believe that every year it is getting better. There is still a lot of 'tack' but you can find really beautiful things- particularly in the Yemen Pavillion and Syrian Pavillion.
Fairground and Abra rides are available
I found the Yemen Pavillion very energetic and full of objects you cannot find in Dubai.
Yemen has many precious stones, pearls and Jambiya daggers.
Yemeni Jambiya daggers
Yemeni precious stones
Yemeni pearls
Yemeni mixed spice tower!





Syria also had some interesting things. The materials were stunning!


I bought a few things:
Yemeni precious stone necklace for 20dhms
Yemeni honey 150dhms, Hajjar stone for hair 5dhms and some mixed spices 10dhms

Pretty hairclips from Malaysia- 4 for 10 dhms
Two nightdresses from China- 50dhms
Two hijabs from Saudi Arabia- 30 dhms
Obviously after all my shopping I was peckish so I decided to try some of the street food. I tried some Filipino chicken, and then some strange potato things on a stick. Then I just got greedy and bought some candy floss and popcorn.
I recommend you go to Global Village and remember to have fun, explore and haggle!!!

3 comments: