Tuesday, October 16, 2012

*Angels*

Aishah reported:
"The Messenger of Allah (S.A.A.W) said: ‘The angels are created from light, just as the jinn are created from smokeless fire and mankind is created from what you have been told about."
(Reported by Muslim, no. 2996)

There are many stories in Islam that talk about Angels, and also many stories of Angels visiting Earth in human form...
During Ramadan I was driving home from the supermarket and stopped at the lights. A really old man, who looked similar to my late grandfather, put his hand out to beg. I ignored him and he walked down another street. Whilst I was still waiting at the traffic lights I felt really guilty and thought about all the food I had bought for breaking my fast and this old man may not have anything.
Therefore I searched through my bag for some money but had nothing! I then drove really quickly to the nearest ATM took out some money and went looking for the old man. I found him and gave him some money.
TWO THINGS TO NOTE: I don't usually tell people when I give to charity but as this blog is anonymous I CAN! Secondly you should report beggars in Dubai as they could be illegal, however I just couldn't call the police for this old man.
Anyway I mentioned the whole scenario to my sister who said that it could be an Angel testing me during Ramadan. Now we are not sure if this is true or not, but it is nice to think that he was an Angel in human form...and hopefully I passed the test! InshAllah!

Last year my mother and I visited some family friends in sandy Ajman. Stupidly we left at midnight. Have you been to Ajman? There are no streetlights or proper roads. So we left our friend's house and tried to get back to Dubai. I could see Emirates Road over a sandy area but could not figure out how to get round and onto it. So SILLY ME decided to drive over the sand (in a small car) and you guessed it, we got stuck! I pushed the gas pedal even harder and sand covered the whole car.
Imagine, two women, alone, in the middle of nowhere, stuck! Ya Allah!
Within minutes two Afghani men in a massive car parked next to us...they tied the wheels with something and attached it to their car. I locked the doors. The men did not speak to us at all. Then four young Emirati boys (looked like yobs!) stopped in front of us. They came over and advised me how to drive out of the sand. It was strange as the boys did not talk with the two men at all. In the end the 6 men helped us out! We were still lost but my mum told me to just drive, drive drive!
We were scared and very shaken up. We finally made it home. I cried! SubhanAllah I was home safe!
Where these men Angels? You hear stories about Angels who come and save people when they are in danger...I still cry to this day thinking about this time. I have also decided never to go back to Ajman! We have to remember that Allah is always protecting us. I feel blessed!
SubhanAllah, La illaha il Allah, Allahu Akbar!

 "And the trumpet shall be blown, so all those that are in the heavens and all those that are in the earth shall swoon, except Allah; then it shall be blown again, then they shall stand up awaiting." —Qur'an (39.68).

I just wanted to leave you with one thought...the Angel Israfel has already drawn his breath to blow the trumpet for the Last Day and is just awaiting Allah's order. InshAllah we all pass the tests in this world and become good Muslims.

3 comments: