Sunday, October 28, 2012

Don't talk to me about Muhammed (pbuh)

This nasheed is by brother Dawud Wharnsby Ali and it tells the story of an elderly pagan lady and a man who offers to help her. This story is true and taken from a hadith.


Each time I hear this song it makes me cry. I think it is because how much the Prophet did not retaliate and continued to help the old lady. I know that if it were me I may not behave in the same way...however I should follow the Prophet and act wisely. It is touching that the the good manners of the Prophet helped this lady become a Muslim. 

Today many Muslims may not have the same good manners and patience as the Prophet did. We have to be great Muslim role models to those around us. When I was in the U.K I knew of a few people who had converted to Islam. However due to misguidance some of these converts/reverts became involved in the cultural side and not the religious side. Some of the Muslims in that community gossiped a lot, which caused these converts to get distressed and move away from the religion. Is that the way we should welcome people into the religion? Do you think converts/reverts really want to be part of the ugliness of gossiping, lies etc?
They converted for a reason...to follow Allah and his Messenger...yet they must feel confused when they hear that we should follow the characteristics of the Prophet, but then the Muslims around them don't do this. So what is right? 

This issue also relates to second/third generation British/American Muslims born in the West. Without the correct guidance many of these Muslims can easily be led astray. Alhamdullilah my upbringing was very good as my parents sought out Islamic knowledge and distinguished it from culture. They taught us etiquette. They let us think for ourselves and always encouraged us to attend Islamic gatherings. Inshallah one day I wish that someone would convert with my help! Inshallah!


O talk to me, Muhammad
Upon you I pray for peace
For you have eased my troubled mind
O talk to me, Muhammad
And as we walk along together
We will get along just fine
As I travel down life's road
I will get along
Just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment