Thursday, October 25, 2012

*~Eid Preparations~*

It's Eid tomorrow!
So the day before Eid is Arafah day and Muslims are encouraged to fast on this day. Our household fasted Alhamdullilah.
We went to the supermarket early this morning to avoid the crowds, but this did not work! Obviously everyone had the same idea that I did!
Anyway we went along with a long list of ingredients just for the Eid meal! We all disagreed on what the main meal and desserts should be for tomorrow so everyone is making a dish. It's fine though as we have a lot of family visiting.

I've already prepared my roast chicken, veggie spring rolls and festive fudge! GO ME!
The house is clean and our Eid clothes are ironed.

OK so all of the above is a LIE! That's what I wish I could be writing. I went to the supermarket and on my return discovered that DU had kindly given me free channels for the Eid vacation. I have been watching BBC entertainment all day! I watched Casualty...I don't like Casualty or hospitals, but I watched it! Why would they do this to me???

So now I have given up the remote control to go and get ready for tomorrow. SIGH! What a waste of a day...thanks DU!

No comments:

Post a Comment