Sunday, October 21, 2012

Things I miss about England

A couple of weeks ago I became really homesick after I watched the film 'Once upon a time in the Midlands' and I'm not even from the Midlands!!! The last time I was homesick was about two and a half years ago, after I watched another British film. I actually flew back to England for a week and realised I loved Dubai much more!! But I will always miss the special little things that I can't get in Dubai...


I miss having a proper chippy tea! Proper chips wrapped in paper with plenty of salt and vinegar
I miss buying a winter coat, fluffy scarf and boots
I miss British TV...BBC, Channel 4 documentaries, british comedy series
I miss my family and friends
I miss buying cheaper clothes
I miss having to wait 10 minutes for my car to defrost every morning (I didn't enjoy it at the time ha!)
I miss running in from the cold and warming myself next to the radiator
I miss being able to speak to most people in shops/restaurants without having to repeat myself
I miss calling chips crisps
I miss the corner shop
I miss REAL greenery and the smell of freshly cut grass in the Summer time
I miss watching the rain fall when I'm all cozy inside
I miss Sayers and Greggs
I miss the cobbled roads
I miss the street performers
I miss not having to go into a visa office or typing centre
I miss the fashions trends
I miss how quiet it is on a Sunday morning
I miss the neighbours and their scandals
I miss the NHS
I miss the smell of the bonfire on the 5th November
I miss the sense of humour
I miss the accents

I miss the U.K!

No comments:

Post a Comment