Saturday, October 13, 2012

It feels amazing to be alive!

I made it! I'm alive! Alhamdullilah!
A couple of days ago Dubai was immersed in fog. It was one of the most scariest experiences of my life...well maybe I am exaggerating but I had to drive on Emirates Road!

As I hate traffic (and have really bad road rage) I always leave home early to get to work. That morning as I went into the living room I saw this...
Now from my balcony you can usually see the building opposite and on the right you can see the park. That day it was covered in a white blanket of fog. I decided that the fog must only be in my area and decided to venture of to work with my sister.

When we got onto the road we could not even see the traffic lights! It took me about five minutes for me to figure out how to put my fog lights on, and even with them on we could not see the road markings.
My sister convinced me to stop at a coffee shop and we waited there for the fog to go down. Outside the coffee shop were many people just staring into the fog deciding whether or not to risk driving onto Emirates Road in these conditions. After downing my Skinny Mocha Caramelatte we decided to get back onto the road. If we died we died as it must be 'maktoob'.

Oh No! As we got back onto the road a car zoomed passed us with no lights on! It was madness! For some reason my window steamed up and I could not see the mirrors! I drove very slowly and finally managed to get to work on time. By the time I had got to work the fog had reduced a little...
When I got into work nobody else seemed alarmed about the fog outside!?! What was wrong with them? Emirates Road is a deathtrap on most days never mind during fog. Anyway Alhamdullilah my sister and I made it.
This also reminded me of another near death-born again (exaggeration!) experience I have had. I went on holiday to an Arab country a few years ago and had hijama (wet cupping) done. I think I went to some dodgy lady to have it done as she cut 21 slits in four areas on my back....so 84 little cuts into my back. Then she sucked them up using a glass and a pump. The glasses filled up with blood, she drained them then attached them to my back again. I started to feel dizzy and then collapsed.
While I was in lala land my family threw water in my face to try and wake me up. I felt the water on my face and gasped as some went up my nose. It felt amazing! I can't describe how it felt. Like I had been born again.
This is not me...
Hijama is a sunnah as the Prophet (s.a.a.w) recommended it as medication, and a remedy for all diseases. I would do it again however recently I have heard that you must have a blood test before Hijama to ensure you are not Anemic. I suggest you go to someone who is registered and always check that the equipment they use is new.
I had marks on my back for months after Hijama - proof of my born again experience!

This is obviously not me, but exactly how my marks looked after Hijama!

No comments:

Post a Comment