Sunday, October 7, 2012

That's life!


I saw this and thought 'I wish I could just walk away from it all.'
But isn't drama part of life?
Wouldn't it be boring if we had no drama in our lives.
Does anyone focus on the good all the time?

Islamically you should think about the good in times of bad.
Alhamdullilah for everything!

Sometimes I think one day (soon) I will just leave work, leave Dubai etc and everything will be so relaxing and serene. But then there is a part of me that thinks...hmmmm maybe it won't be. Perhaps I may feel bored or totally lost. I don't know.
If everything in life just went smoothly then you would never appreciate everything around you.

I guess we are conditioned from a young age to believe that everything will be alright in the end. Think of your favourite fairy tale...'and they lived happily ever after!'
Alhamdullilah I have a nice life but I have taught myself to be strong and understand that not everything will be happy all the time, and sometimes we just have to accept it.

A few weeks ago I watched the film 'The Mist' and I was shocked at the ending, as it was extremely disturbing and I was not prepared for a sad end.
SPOILER ALERT!
Basically everyone is trapped in the mist and there are creatures brutally killing everyone who venture deep into the mist. So 5 people try to escape in a car including David and his young son Billy. When they realise they cannot get out of the mist and are probably going to be killed by the creatures they all decide they should shoot themselves. David has a gun with only 4 bullets. He kills the other 4 people in the car including his son Billy. Then it gets disturbing and he screams a lot (I cried!) he gets out of the car and basically rescue comes. Too late!

THE MIST ENDING That's a link to the youtube video...I suggest you watch it on DVD though!

ANYWAY...this film shows you that you should never give up! No matter how low in your life you feel or if you feel like things will never get better, there will always be a bright light at the end of the tunnel. When you have made it, you will learn to appreciate life more. Patience is key in some situations. It may not end 'happily ever after' but think about the good and always thank Allah. Have faith in your Creator!

Now I'm off to walk into the sunset....everything's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment