Monday, October 15, 2012

Impatience

Last Thursday I visited JILC again for another Islamic lecture. It was entitled 'The Goal of Hajj' and was presented by Brother Abdur-Raheem McCarthy.
I found it very interesting that after you complete Hajj, no matter how many times you do it, you return to your life with no sins 'like a baby.' Imagine every little thing, every little lie, every forgotten prayer just erased due to Hajj.

One of the things that can cause you to break your Hajj is impatience. Losing your temper and not biting your tongue can nullify the Hajj. When I went to Umrah I found this difficult as I became annoyed at little things, however towards the end of my Umrah I began to stop getting annoyed. For example I was pushed around quite a lot when trying to get into the lift at my hotel and I got angry with someone. But then they were being impatient too and pushing...but still I should have just kept calm.
Other times were during salah; the Pakistani women had a habit of stretching their right leg out in my face when I was prostrating. However I did not get annoyed out loud I just moved their foot away from my face and carried on praying. I hope that Allah has forgiven me as I did change and become more peaceful during my Umrah. That is the purpose isn't it? To make a difference in your life by visiting Mecca.

On the way to JILC there was a lot of traffic AGAIN! I was really frustrated and got road rage...beeped my horn and just became very angry and loud. Not very lady like and not at all Islamic! SubhanAllah during the lecture the brother discussed how we must have patience and gave the example of driving in traffic! It was like Allah was sending me a message. The brother said that as traffic is really bad in Dubai and we can waste a lot of time on the road, it is best to do something beneficial. You can recite verses, listen to Quran etc as this will take your mind off the traffic.

It is true I spend more time in traffic sometimes than at my destination. During my journeys I always listen to Quran, but from now on I will try and do a lot of thikr and tasbeeh.

My goal next Thursday will be to keep calm on the way to JILC and not get road rage. Inshallah!

No comments:

Post a Comment